Monday, March 23, 2009

the halfer - again

Jamie and I have both registered for the beast that is called the halfer. We will be running the 13.1 Marathon in Chicago (no time change!) on Sunday, June 7. So now it begins. The workouts, the long runs, and the highs and lows that come with the game of running. I can honestly say that I am looking forward to it this time around.

Since the debacle of the Indianapolis half marathon (or better known as 'the race we do not speak of'), Jamie and I have been discussing running a half marathon. It was a tough call (at least for me) to say yes, I will try this - again. It was a long journey last time with no destination. And I know it is about the journey, not the destination, but when you are planning on running a race, you plan for a destination, you plan for a finish line and there wasn't one - ever. However, I have decided, perhaps against my better judgment, that I will train for and run a half marathon.

Check out the website: www.131chicago.com
.

These are pictures from last time we were training...we were pretty excited...



1 comment:

  1. That's really great that you're trying it again, snap. Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete