Wednesday, April 22, 2009

new shoes


Ross and I ventured to Fleet Feet last weekend to find myself a pair of new running shoes (seen above, picture taken by my twin). I have been running on my old ones for several months and since my knee has been hurting, I thought it might be time to get a new pair.

It was my first time in a Fleet Feet store and it was a great first experience. They use old running bibs as your 'waiting in line' numbers instead of the pull numbers that you grab at a deli. After waiting for about 30 minutes (and Ross getting multiple stares due to his intense medical pictures in his book that he was studying from), it was my turn. My shoe guy, Marcus, measured my feet and we found out that my right one is a half size bigger than my left, which wasn't new news to me. Marcus brought out their 'test shoes' that have no support at all and then asked me to run on a treadmill that they have set up in the store. While I was running, he videotaped my feet to see how I actually land on each foot with every step. We noticed that there was a definite roll inwards of both my feet when landing, so I would need a shoe with moderate support. I tried on three different shoes and I ran in each pair. I decided to go with the Asics since they felt the most natural to me while running. I am hoping to test them out for the first time tonight after work. Looking forward to it, as long as my knee holds up.

No comments:

Post a Comment